Surf in Fuerteventura
Learn surf while making friends in our wonderful island
Surf Course includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the hostel
- Transfer from and to the beach
- All necessary surf gear (surfboard, wetsuit, lycra and leash)
- Insurance for accidents
- Max 6 students per instructor
- T-shirt of the course
- All together takes around 4 hours/day
We offer beginner and intermediate-advanced level courses. If you are unsure, start with beginner and the instructor will evaluate your level. If needed they will move you to intermediate the following days.
Beginner Surf Course
During our beginners’ surf course you will learn the basics of surfing in a fun and effective way. You will be taking foam waves and getting up on your feet and surfing the wave until the beach. The instructor chooses daily the beach with the nicest waves for your level, always with a sandy bottom to make sure you learn in a safe environment. The goal of the beginners’ surf course and skills needed to advance to the next level are: • Master the basic skills and understand the theory of surfing
Once you master the basics we will continue learning how to take green waves, paddle correctly, get up to your feet before the wave breaks and go sideways in both directions.
• Take off on green waves (before the wave breaks)
• Control the weight shifting of the body on the board
• Surf the wave sideways in both directions
• Have the correct body posture while surfing backside as well as frontside
• Surf the wave until the end 8 times out of 10
The instructor chooses daily the beach with the nicest waves for your level, always with a sandy bottom to make sure you learn in a safe environment.
The goal of the beginners’ surf course and skills needed to advance to the next level are:
• Master the basic skills and understand the theory of surfing
Intermediate-advanced Surf Course
In this surf course (intermediate-advanced level) we go deeper into the knowledge of surfing and will learn more technical and theoretical details to boost your level. The goal of the intermediate surf course and the skills needed to advance to the next level are:
Often we surf on rock bottom beaches, with larger more powerful waves and more paddling. For that we work hard on paddle technique, body position while surfing and board control on any given time. We will learn how to start turning towards the power zone of the wave and pumping on the wall, to generate speed and to try basic tricks like bottom turn and cutback. Our teaching method goes step by step and ensures a fast but solid progression.
• Knowledge about rock bottom beaches and currents
• Perfect paddling technique
• Taking waves with good timing and positioning
• Good reading of the waves and fluidness in the water
• Generating speed and using the wave’s power zone
• Control smaller boards
• Ability to surf more complicated spots
• Bottom turn and cutback
The goal of the intermediate surf course and the skills needed to advance to the next level are:
The price of the package depends on the season, the length of the stay and the number of days taking lessons. Just go to Booking, select some dates and you will see all the options and prices.
Prices start from € 179
From 1/05 To 30/06
Prices start from € 199
From 1/04 To 30/04
From 1/07 To 31/07
From 1/09 To 31/10
Prices start from € 215
From 1/11 To 31/03
From 1/08 To 31/08
When you go to book your stay, depending on the dates you will be offered different packages. If none of them satisfy your needs you could send us a email and choose your own options.